There has been a deluge of new information about Episode 8 recently.
Empire Magazine, The New YorkTimes and Entertainment Weekly have all run exclusive stories. Force Friday II unveiled countless new toys and merchandise, all of which have been mined for clues and revelations.
Constant leaks and rumours also keeo coming from the Star Wars sets around the world and the latest information reveals thrilling new scenes with Kylo and the grand return of the mysterious Knights of Ren.
We finally learn how they fit into the First Order and they will have a “key” role to play in the Last Jedi.
Star Wars Youtube channel Mike Zeroh cites sources at Pinewood and other Star Wars sets around the world and makes seven new revelations.
1. “Kylo Ren’s helmet will be shattered in Act 2 by use of his lightsaber. There will be a replica model available for fans to buy.”
The fact that his own lightsaber does the damage points heavily to a dramatic moment when Kylo loses his temper. Since the battle on Ahch-To is expected to take place in Act 3, the angry helmet-shattering is likely to take place during or after scenes with Snoke.
Their increasingly tense relationship could contribute to the idea that Kylo Ren is going to try and escape Snoke’s control; at the end of Episode 8.
2. “The Knights of Ren are a lower tier of the Praetorian Guards that belong to Snoke and show up in two big key sequences.”
This finally answers the questions many fans had about whether the Knights would only appear in a new extended version of the flashback sequence at the burning temple from Rey’s vision in The Force Awakens. Many speculate that they will be sent with Kylo to Ahch-To for the climactic battle with Luke and Rey.
3. “Kylo Ren’s training scenes are brief and involve the Praetorian Guards.”
New images have been emerging of the Praetorians, confirming that all eight have individual armor and weapons.
4. “Kylo Ren and Rey’s training sequences in Act 1 will be featured in back to back scenes.”
Everybody loves a good training montage and fans will get two for the price of one. If only they could somehow sneak in that music from Rocky…
5. “Kylo Ren has a scene with Phasma without his mask and briefly leads a couple of her Elite Troopers to recruit the rest of the team she will lead on her mission to seek Finn and capture him.”
It seems like the love-hate (or hate-hate) relationship between the former FN-2187 and his cranky boss will be revisited, perhaps when Finn infiltrates the First Order ship with Rose. Or maybe during the sequences in Canto Bight.
The tracker was the way Captain Phasma was able to find him after his almost fatal encounter with Rey and pull him from the snow as Star Killer Base was blowing up around them.