After two years of waiting Star Wars: The Last Jedi will hit movie screens on Thursday. Last night the cast and crew hit up the red carpet of the European premiere, taking place at London’s Royal Albert Hall. Now the man who started it all, Star Wars creator and director George Lucas, has given his verdict on The Last Jedi.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Connie Wethington – a representative for Lucas, said the billionaire director thought The Last Jedi was “beautifully made.” She added: “In speaking with director Rian Johnson after viewing, [Lucas] was complimentary.” Originally Lucas was set to direct the Star Wars sequel trilogy and now Luke Skywalker actor Mark Hamill has revealed his original plans. Speaking with Metro, the star said: “What I wish is that they had been more accepting of his [George Lucas’] guidance and advice. Hamill added: “Because he had an outline for VII, VIII, and IX. And it is vastly different to what they have done.”