Indie publisher Digerati is pleased to confirm the release dates for atmospheric action RPG, Fall of Light: Darkest Edition. The game will be available to download 14 August on Xbox One, 21/22 August on PS4 (NA/EU respectively), and 23 August on Nintendo Switch.
A limited edition physical version for PS4 will also be available from Play-Asia.com in September (exact date TBC), priced $34.99. More info will be announced soon.
Fall of Light launched on Steam in 2017 and the console exclusive Darkest Edition version features all the original content as well as an all-new dungeon to explore, complete with new enemies, traps, and weapons, created especially for the Darkest Edition.
Fall of Light: Darkest Edition trailer:
The first title from indie studio RuneHeads, Fall of Light featured as a showcase title at Milan Games Week 2017 and is inspired by games such as Dark Souls and ICO. PC gaming site Rock, Paper, Shotgun highlighted Fall of Light as a ‘hidden gem’ when the game launched last year on Steam.
About the game
Fall of Light is a story-driven action RPG set within a world consumed by darkness. You are Nyx, an old warrior who has embarked on a dangerous journey with his daughter, Aether, an ‘indigo child’ who radiates luminescence. Only together will they be strong enough to complete their quest: reach the last place on Earth still touched by sunlight.
- 20 different battle stances: get ready to face hordes of shadowy enemies!
- 10 weapon classes: pick your favorite combo of close-range weapons, crossbows, and shields
- All-new dungeon: complete with new enemies and dangers, exclusive to the Darkest Edition
- Protect Aether: her light pierces the darkness and you are stronger together, so keep her safe!
- Unlock hidden secrets: learn more about the history and lore of Nyx’s world
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions
- Supports the following languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese-Brazil, Simplified Chinese, Hungarian