Battlefront II has had its issues since release. There were some mechanics of the game some were not happy with. Then there was the nightmare of the dreaded crate drops and money component. Instead of calling No Joy and letting the game rot, EA has been doing fixes and add-ons to try and improve it.
They have revamped the crates, changed some of the mechanics players were having issues with. They even introduced an Ewok vs Stormtrooper scare fest that is absolutely brilliant. Now EA just released an update that changed squad deployment and added some Clone Wars features.
You and your friends will be automatically linked into a squad when you enter an event. With this new system you can now use squad mates as spawn points. You can even choose which squad member you want to spawn off of. If you are playing by yourself, you will be assigned a squad and you will be able to do the same thing. You can now tell the worst member of your squad to park it in a forward area and stay hidden, so the better players can spawn off of them.
Among the other changes, you and a friend are now allowed to play a private 2v2 Hero Showdown match.
For appearances, you can now look like a soldier of the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corp that was led by Master Windu or the 104th “Wolfpack” Battalion led by Master Plo Koon. There will be changes in how the game handles ping sites as well. Here is a list of some of the other changes:
- Added ability to get into squads and spawn on squad members on Galactic Assault and Strike
- Improved screen flow for quicker spawning in all modes where Squad Spawn is not present
Quality of Life
- More dynamic change of characters shown on the Home and Career screens, due to implementation of backend ability to change those in a live environment
- Implemented various stability fixes for the End of Round (EOR) Matchmaking
- Improved the way the game client looks for an online game, by adding an automated Default option for the best Ping site, as well as simplifying the choice of sites in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where Leia’s Alternate Fire ability could damage a player piloting the AT-ST
- Fixed an issue where the “Repair” ability would not properly activate
Lando’s Millennium Falcon
- Fixed an issue where the Tactical Jammer ability would have no effect on Lando’s Millennium Falcon
Classes & Special Units Changes
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Disruption ability to trigger in sync with the animation
- Removed the ability of Ion Turrets to lock and fire on troopers, as requested by the community
- Reduced the damage done by the Ion Torpedo for better balancing
Game Mode Changes
- Implemented backend timers that allow tweaking of the objective duration on Galactic Assault in a live environment
- Added animations to further enhance the look and feel of the game mode’s widget
- Fixed a spelling issue in one of the objective texts
- Fixed an issue where heroes could hide or get stuck behind metal barriers on Jakku
- Fixed an issue that would leave players stuck between tree and mountain assets
- Fixed an issue where the chicken near the East Turbolaser would not be fleeing from the player
- Added Ewok Hunt and Extraction-based challenges to the list of Daily Challenges
- Removed Hero Showdown-based challenges “Perfect Together” and “Vader and Kylo”, based on player feedback that they are too hard to achieve in an online environment
- Fixed an issue where Iden’s character and description text would be missing from the Campaign’s spawn and customization screen
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to change their Clone Trooper appearances during the pre-round screens on games taking place on Kashyyyk and Kamino
- Added additional UI effects when unlocking an Emote, Victory Pose or Appearance from the menu
- Increased the maximum numbers of players in a group to 20, and the maximum number of players who can play together to 8
- Fixed an issue where the button to get more Crystals would not show up in the Emotes and Victory Poses screens
- Adjusted the “Saviour Kill” stat, so that it tracks relevant kills from the whole team and not just the squad members
- This update will automatically disable CrossFire functionality for players with AMD Graphics Cards running on Windows 8 / 8.1, due to lack of support for multi-GPU with the specified operating system and GPU vendor.
- Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card wouldn’t correctly lower the ability cool down when used.