The Black Widow is about to “materialize” on PCs, smartphones, and tablets everywhere!
Hope you’re in the mood for a creepy interactive true crime murder mystery – unraveled by communicating with the dead, no less. Faithfully reenacted from original court records and letters, The Black Widow allows players to investigate the true case of Australia’s first female serial killer, Louisa Collins, who was the last woman to hang in the state of New South Wales.
The Black Widow was first demonstrated at IndieCade 2017 – complete with a custom wooden spirit board controller built by Australian developer, Richard Fox, of Flux:
Listen to Louisa as she speaks from the grave and generate your own lines of inquiry using an onscreen spirit board – a format that challenges players to reflect on their own prejudices and reconsider the verdict of a contentious legal case. Was the accused a callous adulteress, drunkard, and liar – or a victim of sexist expectations and misogyny?
- Communicate with a convicted killer.
- Ask questions using topics via an onscreen spirit board.
- Delve into a complex and dramatic true crime murder mystery.
- Immerse yourself in a faithful, dramatic recreation of a Victorian Era court case.
- Enjoy vivid graphics and an unnerving, atmospheric interface.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
The Black Widow will be available on Steam, iOS and Android next Thursday, August 1.
Steam (Windows & Mac): $5.99