Whoever say the best things in life are worth waiting for, has obviously never played STAR WARS: Episode 1 racer. Fans were so excited when STAR WARS and Aspyr Media announced that it was coming back to be playable on the Nintendo Switch and PS4. Well just like most things this year the COVID-19 pandemic delayed the release that was supposed to be on May 12th. Well today we got some great news from Aspyr Media… the wait is soon going to be over. Get ready to start your engines, because we should be up and Podracing on June 23.
Aspyr’s Official Twitter Statement
STAR WARS: Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer is based on the podracing sequence that was featured in The Phantom Menace. Just, like the classic this game will take you to many different track around the Star Wars universe with “modernized controls“. Here is some of what starwars.com says we can expect form this game:
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastar
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
- Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
We want to hear from you
Are you excited about STAR WARS: Episode 1 Racer finally releasing next week? What other STAR WARS games would you like to see remade? Well That Hashtag Show wants to hear from you.
You can tell us your thoughts by hitting us up on Twitter or myself @starwarsnerd574. You can also join me at the Midwest Star Wars Fanatics fan page to chat all things about the galaxy far, far away. Also, make sure to stay up to date on all the Star Wars news by following us at ThatHashtagShow.com and the Star Wars Fanatics on Facebook. I can’t wait to see you all at Celebration 2022.