CBS All Access will beam up Trekkies across the globe with a special virtual event. Star Trek Day celebrates the 54th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek: The Original Series.
Similar to this year’s San Diego Comic Con and DC’s FanDome, this 24-hour free event takes place entirely online. On September 8, fans can watch special cast panels and learn exclusive news about current series.
The panels will air between 12pm and 3:30pm PST. Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton host the lineup. Check out the shows and stars scheduled below:
- Star Trek: Discovery with stars Sonequa Martin-Green and David Ajala; Co-showrunners and executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Michelle Paradise
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds with stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn, and Ethan Peck; Executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers; Co-executive producers Akela Cooper and Davy Perez
- Star Trek: Enterprise with stars Scott Bakula, Linda Park, John Billingsley, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, and Connor Trinneer
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine with stars Terry Farrell, Alexander Siddig, Armin Shimerman, Nana Visitor, Cirroc Lofton; Executive producer Ira Steven Behr
- Star Trek: The Original Series with star George Takei and the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry
- Star Trek: Lower Decks with voice cast Tawny Newsome, Jack Quaid, Noël Wells, and Eugene Cordero; Series creator, showrunner and executive producer Mike McMahan.
- Star Trek: Voyager with stars Kate Mulgrew, Robert Picardo, Robert McNeill, Garrett Wang, Tim Russ, and Ethan Phillips
- Star Trek: Picard and Star Trek: The Next Generation with Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes.
In addition to the panels, CBS All Access will stream a Star Trek marathon of various shows beginning at 12am PST. The marathon will stop to air the previously mentioned panels, but otherwise runs for 24-hours.
Star Trek Day Lets Fans Give Back
Fans can also use the event as a way to give back to the community. For every person who tweets #StarTrekUnitedGives, CBS All Access will donate $1 to organizations that “champion equality, social justice and the pursuit of scientific advancements.” These include the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) and the Equal Justice Initiative (EJI).
So, what do you think of Star Trek Day?
For more details about Star Trek Day, visit StarTrek.com.