In case you’re wondering what I’ll be doing on Thursday, it’s this. Blumhouse surprised the horror world by announcing that they’re putting on a virtual event. What’s the event? BlumFest. What goes into BlumFest? A celebration of all things horror and Blumhouse. Sounds promising enough. But wait, there’s more. Normally you’d think this is just a shameless way to shill their movies to you, and you wouldn’t be wrong. But this is a little different. Starting Thursday at 10:00am Pacific, on the Blumhouse YouTube channel, (link here), you’ll get to see panels from all of Blumhouse’s movies.
That’s including a panel for Halloween Kills. So, while we have to wait until next year for the film, we’re getting treated to a panel on the film. Here are some of the details of that panel in addition to the other ones on the day.
The Panels Of BlumFest 2020
- Welcome to the Blumhouse – Join Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios and Jason Blum for a lively conversation about the successful collaboration between Amazon and Blumhouse on the recently launched films, The Lie, Nocturne, Evil Eye and Black Box. Mamoudou Athie from the film Black Box will join the conversation, along with surprise guests for an announcement or two. The four films are available to stream on Amazon Prime Video now. #WelcomeToTheBlumhouse #BlumFest2020
- The Craft: Legacy – Writer / director Zoe Lister Jones and her film’s coven, stars Cailee Spaeny, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone, and Zoey Luna have a bewitching chat about continuing the original film cult hit and reveal secrets from the set. The film is set for an Wednesday, October 28 (midnight EST) release on PVOD and EST in North America, with a planned theatrical release in select international countries. #TheCraft #BlumFest2020
- Freaky – Writer / director Chris Landon; stars Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton; and producer Jason Blum talk about the highly anticipated body swapping horror comedy that will arrive in theaters on Friday, November 13 in the US and in select international markets. #FreakyMovie #BlumFest2020
- Halloween Kills – Writer / director David Gordon Green; actress and icon Jamie Lee Curtis; franchise producer Malek Akkad from Trancas Films; producer Bill Block from Miramax; and producer Jason Blum convene to talk about the upcoming film’s October 2021 release. #HalloweenKills #BlumFest2020
- The Good Lord Bird – Executive producer, writer and star, Ethan Hawke, of the critically acclaimed series, and series executive producer Jason Blum discuss their most recent collaboration, which is currently airing on Showtime. #TheGoodLordBird #BlumFest2020
Is There Anything Else We Can Expect?
I would fully expect a bigger look at Halloween Kills. That’s not confirmed or anything, though. That’s just my guess. The press release also says that we should expect surprises about upcoming Blumhouse productions. So I’d also guess there’ll be some surprises in store for us.
This is a fantastic treat from Blumhouse, who seems to do no wrong in the world of horror. After all, they’ve revitalized Halloween and the Universal Monsters now. So in my book, this is just icing on the cake.
The world of horror is in good hands with Blumhouse, let’s just hope they can keep it up. We’re in a golden age of horror and we might not even realize it. Think about all the fantastic horror films coming out these days. This spread for BlumFest is only a small amount of what they’ve done in a small amount of time. So here’s to the future with horror and everything spooky.
For more on Fright-A-Thon, or any other horror content, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.