After last weekend’s leaked news of its arrival, we now have the official announcement for the the newest Dungeons And Dragons book from Wizards Of The Coast and Critical Role. But it looks to be something a little bit different… yet fun, as well.
Welcome To The Dungeons and Dragons World Of Exandria
Releasing on March 17th, the Explorer’s Guide To Wildemount will let DMs and Players explore the world Critical Role has created during their second campaign. Further, it looks like this book will be packed with a ton of content.
Contents Of The Book
Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount provides everything you need to play Dungeons & Dragons on the continent of Wildemount. Wildemount is, of course, set within the world of Exandria – a land of war, betrayal, and swashbuckling adventure. Here’s an official account of what the book will entail.
Comprised of four regions, Wildemount provides endless potential for adventure in a land of brewing conflict and incredible magic. Rising tensions boil over into all-out war between the politically dubious Dwendalian Empire and the light-worshiping wastefolk of Xhorhas, supplying a vibrant backdrop for any D&D campaign to explore. You’ll be able to:
- Uncover a trove of new options usable in any D&D game, featuring subclasses, spells, magic items, monsters, and more, rooted in the adventures of Critical Role—such as Vestiges of Divergence and the possibility manipulating magic of dunamancy.
- Start a campaign in any of Wildemount’s regions using a variety of introductory adventures, dozens of regional plot seeds, and the heroic chronicle system—a way to create character backstories rooted in Wildemount.
- Explore every corner of Wildemount and discover mysteries revealed for the first time by Critical Role Dungeon Master, Matthew Mercer.
The latest Dungeons and Dragons book has plenty to offer, including:
- An expansive Wildemount gazetteer.
- Descriptions of the major factions of Wildemount.
- Player options that include new subclasses, new spells, and a tool to help players deeply integrate their characters into the setting.
- New magic items, including weapons that become more powerful to match their wielders.
- New creatures native to Wildemount.
- Four introductory adventures—one for each unique region of Wildemount.
The book is largely written and helmed by Matthew Mercer, the Dungeon Master of Critical Role and creator of the world of Exandria. Additionally, this 304-page book features work by talented designers, writers, and artists from the D&D and Critical Role communities.
Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount is an expansive, vivid Dungeons and Dragons campaign setting anyone can enjoy regardless of their familiarity with Critical Role, and an open invitation to make the mysteries and dangers of Wildemount your own.
3 New Subclasses
With the book, there are 3 brand-new subclasses Matt created for the new book. Those subclasses are:
- Echo Knight
D&D Beyond released 3 new videos where Matt explained these subclasses and what DMs and Players can expect from them:
Where To Buy the latest offering from Dungeons and Dragons
So this is now available for pre-order, and there are a lot of places where you can pre-order it, including:
- US Critical Role Shop
- Barnes And Noble
- D&D Beyond Marketplace
- Fantasy Grounds
- Roll20 Marketplace
- Amazon UK
I can’t wait to get my hands on this. I’m also curious and to see how people incorporate these into their own campaigns. Stay tuned here to That Hashtag Show for more information