Bethesda Softworks’ DOOM: Eternal is releasing next Friday, March 20th. This is the next game in the DOOM franchise, and it’s expecting to be one of the most interesting ones. Also on top of that The Critical Role cast is going to do a Doom one-shot this Monday.
The Game’s Description
Developed by id Software, DOOM® Eternal™ is the direct sequel to the award-winning and best-selling DOOM® (2016). Experience the ultimate combination of speed and power with the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat. As the DOOM Slayer, return to take your vengeance against the forces of Hell. Set to an all-new pulse pounding soundtrack composed by Mick Gordon. This soundtrack will get you ready to fight across dimensions as you slay new and classic demons with powerful new weapons and abilities.
As the DOOM Slayer, you return to find Earth has suffered a demonic invasion. Raze Hell and discover the Slayer’s origins and his enduring mission to rip and tear…until it is done.
- Slayer Threat Level at Maximum – Gain access to the latest demon-killing tech with the DOOM Slayer’s advanced Praetor Suit, including a shoulder-mounted flamethrower and the retractable wrist-mounted DOOM Blade. Upgraded guns and mods, such as the Super Shotgun’s new distance-closing Meat Hook attachment, and abilities like the Double Dash make you faster, stronger, and more versatile than ever.
- Unholy Trinity – You can’t kill demons when you’re dead, and you can’t stay alive without resources. Take what you need from your enemies: Glory kill for extra health, incinerate for armor, and chainsaw demons to stock up on ammo. These tools are the key to your survival and becoming the ultimate demon-slayer.
New Classes and more!
- A New Class of (Destructible) Demon – Obliterate more demons than ever before, each with unique attacks and abilities. Fan-favorite classics such as the Pain Elemental, Archvile, and Arachnotron make their return, while a horde of totally-new demons join the roster including the DOOM Hunter, Marauder, and the Gladiator. Rip apart your favorite demons to the core with DOOM Eternal’s “destructible demons” system and take your power fantasy to new levels.
- Demonic Invasion Detected – As the Slayer, allow other players to invade your campaign as demons for a dramatic and unpredictable twist anytime you’re playing the campaign. Or be a demon and invade other players’ campaigns either by yourself or with someone else to give the Slayer a true taste of Hell.
- Enter BATTLEMODE – BATTLEMODE is the new 2 versus 1 multiplayer experience built from the ground up at id Software. A fully-armed DOOM Slayer faces off against two player-controlled demons, duking it in a best-of-five round match of intense first-person combat. BATTLEMODE launches with 6 handcrafted maps and 5 playable demons – the Marauder, Archvile, Revenant, Mancubus and Pain Elemental.
And just ahead of the game’s release, a special Critical Role one-shot is airing on Monday.
DOOM: Eternal x Critical Role
Popular Dungeons And Dragons streamers Critical Role are doing a DOOM: Eternal one-shot on Monday, March 16th. CR’s Dungeon Master Matt Mercer will be running the game. And as you can see from below, the cast for the game is a great group of RPG players.
From the Critical Role cast, Laura Bailey, Taliesin Jaffe, and Sam Riegel are playing the game. And also joining the cast is Anjali Bhimani, who was on CR’s Deadwood mini-series, UnDeadwood. She is also a voice actress in Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch. And rounding out the cast is Jasmine Bhullar, who has been featured on Geek And Sundry’s Relics And Rarities.
A small trailer for the one-shot has been released: