It was announced a while ago that Arnold Schwarzenegger would make his streaming/TV debut with an untitled spy series on Netflix. Now, we have some of the cast members who’ll be making appearances on the series. Adding to Schwarzenegger and Monica Barbaro are:
- Jay Baruchel (he / him) will play “Carter,” the sweet and unsuspecting boyfriend of Emma (Monica Barbaro). Carter is a kindergarten teacher who has been made to believe his CIA officer girlfriend works for a non-profit that provides clean water to those in need around the world. He prioritizes family above all, but his love of Emma will be put to the test when he finds out many secrets about her. (Past Credits: This is the End, Tropic Thunder)
- Aparna Brielle (she / her) will play “Tina,” an NSA analyst on loan to the CIA. Despite her youth, she is very good at her job – extremely capable and intelligent, though a bit intimidated by her new colleagues. (Past Credits: Boo, Bitch, A.P. Bio)
- Andy Buckley (he / him) will play “Donnie,” Tally’s current boyfriend, who is an easy-going fellow. He is a thoughtful and positive presence in Tally’s life, but that positivity fades when he realizes Luke (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is trying to win Tally back. (Past Credits: The Office, Avenue 5 )
- Milan Carter (he / him) will play “Barry,” a loveable man-child and proud nerd, who is an American CIA officer that has worked closely with Luke for the past 20 years. Barry is a kind and brilliant officer who keeps Luke and his team safe while staying far away from the action. (Past Credits: WARPED!, The Neighborhood)
- Fortune Feimster (she / her) will play “Roo” (short for Ruth), a smart, sarcastic CIA Officer who looks up to Luke as a father figure. (Past Credits: Sweet & Salty, The Mindy Project)
- Barbara Eve Harris (she / her) will play “Dot,” the Regional CIA Director. Intelligent, commanding, intimidating – Dot suffers no fools. (Past Credits: Sharp ObjectsI, Station 19)
- Gabriel Luna (he / him) will play “Boro,” an incredibly charismatic, Oxford-educated businessman, who’s chosen to apply those skills to a career in the illegal arms trade. (Past Credits: The Last of Us, Terminator)
- Fabiana Udenio (she / her) will play “Tally,” Luke’s ex-wife and Emma’s mother, who does not know that the two are in the CIA, but has always been suspicious of Luke’s frequent “business trips” which created distance in their relationship. Tally now has a new man in her life, but the chemistry between her and Luke is still palpable. (Past Credits: Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Jane the Virgin)
- Travis Van Winkle (he/him) will play “Aldon,” a great CIA officer and world class wise-ass, who is a kind and sweet man under it all. (Past Credits: Made For Love, Good Sam)
The Recurring Characters
- Devon Bostick (he / him) will play “Oscar.” Luke and Tally’s son and an aspiring app developer, who has never lived up to his father’s expectations. (Past Credits: Oppenheimer, Okja)
- David Chinchilla (he / him) will play “Cain Khan,” Boro’s intimidating first lieutenant, working in the illegal arms business. (Past Credits: The Mayor of Kingstown, Reacher)
- Introducing Rachel Lynch (she / her) playing “Romi,” Sandy and Oscar’s sweet 6-year-old kid, who has a special relationship with her “pee-pa,” Luke.
- Stephanie Sy (she / her) will play “Sandy,” Oscar’s supportive wife and mother of their daughter, Romi. (Past Credits: SÉANCE, First Person Shooter)
- Scott Thompson (he / him) will play “Dr. Louis Pfeffer,” an operational psychologist at the CIA responsible for conducting joint therapy sessions with Luke and Emma. (Past Credits: KIDS IN THE HALL, HANNIBAL)
The series doesn’t have a title or a release date yet. It comes from Creator and Showrunner Nick Santora. Here’s the logline for the series:
When a father and daughter learn that they’ve each secretly been working as CIA Operatives for years, they realize their entire relationship has been a lie and they truly don’t know one another at all. Forced to team up as partners, the series tackles universal family dynamics set against a global backdrop of spies, action and humor.
For more on TV news, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.