Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines and get ready to race around Tatooine. Thats Right! Podracing is coming to a Nintendo Switch or PS4 near you. Lucasfilm and developer Aspyr announced today the return of the 90s classic, Star Wars Episode 1 Racer.
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer
Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer is based on the podracing sequence that was featured in The Phantom Menace. Just, like the classic this game will take you to many different track around the Star Wars universe with “modernized controls“. Here is some of what starwars.com says we can expect form this game:
- 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastar
- Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
- Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
We want to hear from you
So if you are a Star Wars gamer or a fan of podracing then you are probably pretty excited about this announcement. I know I spent a few hours playing Episode 1 Racer on my Nintendo 64 back in 1999. As of now we do not have a release date for this game but will update you when we do. Well, we want to hear from you.
You can tell us your thoughts on Episode 1 Racer by hitting us up on Twitter or myself @starwarsnerd574. Also, make sure to stay up to date on all the Star Wars news by following us at ThatHashtagShow.com and the Star Wars Fanatics on Facebook. I can’t wait to see you all this year at Celebration.