If you were blown away by the most recent round of characters announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, then you’re gonna like the newest balance update as well. The update, set to release one day after the new characters drop, October 14th. The Nintendo of Europe account tweeted the news earlier today.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate‘s last balance update was in August. This one is a pretty long-time coming. You can check out the patch notes from the last round below.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Patch Notes
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Version 8.1.0
- The Small Battlefield stage has been added. You can also set Small Battlefield as a Preferred Rule in Online battles.
- You can now select any stage-specific music for the Battlefield, Small Battlefield, Big Battlefield, and Final Destination stages.
- The online user experience has been adjusted.
- The way matching is determined when using Preferred Rules has been adjusted.
- Following a look at the current number of players eligible for Elite Smash, the threshold for entry has been recalculated to allow more players. Additionally, the way initial values for Global Smash Power are calculated has also been adjusted.
- Further investigations and adjustments to Online mode are expected.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
We’ll have to see what changes when the patch comes out October 14th. So, are you excited for the new round of characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?
For more on gaming, the Nintendo Switch, or any other general pop culture, make sure to check back to That Hashtag Show.
Source: Nintendo Of Europe Twitter